There’s so much to remember when moving into a new apartment in Albany NY that the process can feel overwhelming. Reduce stress and make your move-in easier with these 5 tips.
1. Leave plenty of time to pack – Start packing weeks ahead of the move, so you can leave yourself plenty of time to get supplies, pack like with like, and clearly label boxes. Planning ahead like this will help you on the other end, when you’re trying to unpack everything and set up your new apartment.
2. Measure the entrances – If you own large pieces of furniture, make sure they fit up the stairs and around the corners of your new apartment. While tables can usually be taken apart and put back together, the same cannot be said for a sofa. In a worst-case scenario, you could wind up getting an oversize sofa stuck in the hall, bringing your move to a grinding halt.
3. Arrange for help ahead of time – Whether you want to hire movers or ask your friends for help, make your arrangements to move into your new apartment in Albany, NY ahead of time. If you’re moving at a popular time of year, like September, this is critical! You’ll need help with large items that can’t be moved by one person. Having extra bodies on hand also makes things go faster on both ends, so you have time left to begin unpacking at the end of moving day. The last thing you want to do before a move is scramble to find someone who can lend a hand, or leave behind furniture because you cannot move in on your own.
4. Map out where you want things to go – Before moving day, brainstorm where you want large items to go. Look at the floor plans and sketch out potential layouts. Spending time on this now allows you to quickly put the large items in place rather than stand around figuring out where you want the sofa to go. Not only does this save time, it’s easier on your muscles and gives you more time to unpack.
5. Pack an overnight bag with all the basics you’ll need – At the end of moving day, you’ll be drained. Make it easy to unwind, get your rest, and go to work the next day by packing an overnight bag with pajamas, a change of clothes, toiletries, and other sundries. This way, you don’t have to tear through 10 boxes trying to figure out where you put your toothpaste and deodorant!
Moving is difficult, but when you follow these tips you’ll alleviate stress and save time. We’re certainly looking forward to having you move in to the Albany Lofts at One Broadway and want to make your transition as easy as possible. Share your favorite moving tips below!